Wednesday, January 4, 2012

new year...new post

Happy 2012!

Yes, I survived the holidays!  The tree is down.  I'm ready to move on.  Don't get me wrong, I do love Christmas, but by the time January 1 rolls around put a fork in me...I'm done!

Christmas was fun.  Santa brought the boys their coveted Nintendo DS Lites.  Eden got a new baby and a stroller.  And, we surprised the kids with a paper chain count down for a surprise family vacation to Disney!  So, you know, it was a typical Christmas...{just kidding!}

the moment Colin realized what was in the box...Ty hasn't caught on yet!

We have never been on a family vacation and we are so,so,so excited and ready!  I've been busy making dining reservations, mentally packing and re-packing, and thinking and re-thinking everything!  So, you know, typical me!  My brother-in-law has been an absolute dream in helping this all come together, and I cannot thank him enough for all of his help and advise with the planning {he is Mr. Disney...he should work for them!}  It's a little scary...there is a lot to see and do and I just want it to be a really great family experience!  I also found a lot of helpful tips here.  What a wonderful coincidence that this family just happened to write this series while we were planning our trip.

So...I'm still alive and kicking!  I have several posts that I want to write...here's hoping that I can get that done!

"Cheers" to the New Year!  I'll be back soon...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy new year! How exciting, a Disney trip! I am jealous.

Sarah said...

Happy New Year! Happy Disney trip! love the updated pictures...

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...