Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's January 12th.  Holy cow.  And my famous last words were what? 


 Oh...that's right..."cheers to the New Year!   Be back soon..."


Ugh.


Well...I'm here now so let's just get over that, shall we?  Ok.




I've been thinking a lot these past few weeks about my goals from 2011.  Did I succeed in reaching them?  Well...I think I did pretty well.  Let's review...


2011 Goals

spend more time with husband

spend more time with my Mom

clean up my mouth

clean my bathrooms more often...namely toilets

laugh more

keep it real

{oh...and, worry less!}


I didn't spend as much time with Chris as I would have liked.  Alone time, that is.  When Colin was a baby we had designated date nights.  I'm not sure where we fell off that wagon, but it needs to be established again.  That goal needs to remain for 2012.

I failed miserably on my second goal.  My Mom would agree.  I need to schedule some alone time with her every now and again.  That goal needs to remain for 2012.  {My Dad was, I believe, a little put off last year for not making the list.  I will tell you, as I told him, that every Tuesday afternoon I have time to visit with him before going to get the boys...not true with Mama.  I love my Dad and I'm thankful for that time!}

Hmmm...this next one lasted a little while.  I will give myself that...however...this too must remain on my list for 2012.  While I did do a bit better than normal, I often times found myself cursing aloud and then in my head going..."URG!  YOU IDIOT!  QUIT CURSING!"  So, I still need to work on it.

My bathrooms are my biggest achievement of 2011!  Big gold star for me!

Need to laugh more.  Always need to laugh more.

I think, maybe, keeping it real was actually my biggest achievement.  I'm proud of keeping it real!  I'm proud that I don't feel like I need to fabricate a better life for my blog.  It's very easy to want to compare yourself to all those happy, shiny blogs out there.  They all boast of the most wonderful marriages, beautiful decorations, craftiest crafts...you get me, right?  Well, my life...my blog...is real.  It's me.  It's how I roll.  The end.

Worrying less...   Well...I always need to worry less.

So, I didn't perfectly reach all my goals for 2011, but I did make progress with most of my goals.  And, I'm ok with that.  Progress is progress, no matter how small!

Tomorrow I shall reveal my goals for 2012!  I know it's very exciting...I hope you can sleep tonight! :)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

thanks for the insomnia...please don't leave us hanging!lol

I think you did great with all your goals. I am a witness to you keeping it real AND cursing less-really I noticed ;) I'm being serious, really I am.

Love you oxoxoxo

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...