Happy New Year! I'm totally in the mood to clean out and organize just like Better Homes and Gardens and Target and every other magazine and retailer want me to be. I'm a good little consumer! Just one slight problem...my expanding belly and dwindling energy...I guess that's technically two problems. Being "advanced maternal age" ain't no joke. What is a joke is that every part of my being wants to clean, organize, and simplify...one, because (as I mentioned before) it's in my face 24/7, and two, because I'm in my last 4 weeks of pregnancy and I'm a nesting fool right now. So, the joke is that I have zero energy! Three words..."advanced maternal age", and two other very important factors, Colin and Ty (whom I adore, of course).
So...first lesson of 2010. Let go. Give up the illusion of control. Cry. Get over it. Nap. :)
1 comment:
I feel that pressure too, to be super organized and all together. I figure it's "their" way of getting us to shop now that Christmas is over. Relax and enjoy your last bit of pregnancy, let someone else do the work! When can we expect the little bundle of joy?Can't wait for pictures.
Post a Comment