Wednesday, February 29, 2012

beautiful ride

Parenting is hard.  Sometimes I want to pack my bags and run away to Australia. {it's warm there most of the time, right?}  Sometimes I think,  "I'm not mature enough to handle this crap".  Silly, since I'm close to a year away from the big 4-0...but still, that's how I feel.  I feel that way mostly when my kids are hurting from something someone said or did...when I fight with my own hurt feelings over it.  When I have to restrain myself from accosting some child {or teacher, or coach} at school.

I'm sounding crazy, I know.  I'm really not.

Bottom line: I want to protect my children from hurt.  I want the world to see how truly amazing and wonderful they are.  I want everyone to see them as I do, imperfect but perfect.  But, that's not real life.  In real life everyone doesn't like everyone else.  People hurt other people's feelings.  People are unfair to each other.  It happens.  All.  the.  time.

We had an incident like that the other day.  I thought Colin was treated unfairly.  I wanted to whip out an e-mail and let it rip {anyone up for a game of Bey Blades?}.  Thankfully I have a husband and a best friend to talk me down.  It's life.  Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  Turn the other cheek.  Be the bigger person.  {add another cliche here}

But, I digress.  The whole point of this post was to share one of my new favorite songs.  It's appropriate for occasions like those mentioned above...and many others.  It's kinda been my anthem lately...although the video itself isn't my favorite, I'm loving the song...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

where have I been? I missed two posts!! I guess having a chance to talk to you TWO days IN A ROW{that never happens}took the place of me obsessively checking your blog for new pics :)

Happy three year anniversary. It's tough to see those little faces then, and how much they have changed now. Baby fat faces, why do they have to get all thinned out every year?

I've thought a lot about you this week Bec. Your doing good girl and you'll keep on getting better-not perfect or anything because that would be boring and then we would have less to talk about :) Keep your chin up. I love you.

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...