I first saw the Thankful tree here. I loved the idea and planned, right then, to copy it. About a month ago the boys went on a stick hunt in our yard for perfect Thankful Tree branches {and also for our kid's table decorations}. They found the most perfect branches! I stuck them into my inherited Ball jar {thanks Grandma Jean...miss you!} and our Thankful Tree was born!
I couldn't wait to blog about the tree...it's such a great idea! But, as usual, I was more than a little behind blogging schedule and then this post happened over at Jones Design...urg! It's ok, because it's still a great idea and she was offering free printable tags to use on the tree {BONUS}!
And here she is:
![]() |
| our Thankful Tree |
![]() |
| Ty's really thankful! He's filled out many, many cards! :) |
![]() |
| well...he has a point...where would we be without those three things? :) |
![]() |
| Chris |
Love it so much!
This is the next project....
from Parents.com. This is what I'm hoping our kid's table will look like on Thanksgiving. The boys collected sticks and, the other night, we painted them. Hopefully I can keep moving along with this project and not stall out which seems to happen more than I care to admit!
| painting sticks...well they were...they got side-tracked into painting pictures... |
This is a long post...sheesh!
Let's talk about Target. I L.O.V.E. Target. I shop there a lot! We buy most of our groceries there. They always offer me the Target REDcard and I always say no. Yes I'd love to save 5% on all my purchases, and yes, I'd love for 1% of all my purchases to be donated to the K-12 school of my choice, but no, I do not want a credit card for Target...I don't particularly care for credit cards and I'm not sure that I have enough self- control at Target anyway :)!
A few weeks ago, while checking out, they offered me a {wait for it} REDcard DEBIT card! Yes, a debit card. It links right to your checking account, you save 5% on all your purchases and you can designate the K-12 school of your choice to receive 1% of your annual purchases. I said yes to that. Let me tell you, 5% off of all my purchases at Target will be huge savings annually, and 1% of my purchases will give our elementary school way more money than the few box tops I clip. It's a "good thing" {oh, Martha} that I wanted to share with you all.
I'm finished! :)





4 comments:
Hey there silly, didn't I tell you a long time ago that target had debit cards?! We have had them forever and LOVE them.
I love the thankful tree, great idea! I also love the centerpiece, that is totally you. I wanna see pictures when it is done.
Target is like crack for sure. I go crazy there, what the heck makes us do that? Is it the red decor or the smell of wafting popcorn? Either way, I will go there all the time and then realize I have bought way too much stuff with red clearance stickers and so then I won't go for like 6 weeks. Detox I guess. Glad you found a way to benefit the school and save money, that is a good thing. Martha Rocks! Love the thankful tree, I"d steal it if I had any time to do any more activities, maybe next year. I want to see your finished centerpiece, way cute.
Love the tree. Saw it on Jones Design and thought it was so nice that she offered the cards. Cute :) I'm not on strike. Just busy. Got the backsplash painted in the kitchen and then my dad and Ellen came to visit. Mustering up the energy to cook Thanksgiving dinner(never done that before) when my sister and Bob come next week. Lost of visitors, not a lot of time to post. Keep checking because I'll get my act together soon.
Love the church framed and layered in to the mesh thingy! Nicely done I do say ;) Did you make it to the Armadillo on Friday?? Clearly we don't have time to talk to eachother on the phone because I have had a full convo right here in the comments. That's a little sad. Miss you. Love you. xoxoxox
I AM THANKFUL FOR...
You!
Post a Comment