I'm happy to report that our Thanksgiving was a total and utter success! With the exception of my creamy mashed potatoes {recipe by PW} which did not reheat in 30 minutes and had to be microwaved!
Boo! Nothing that a large glass of white wine, delivered by my big sis, couldn't cure...
| preset table awaiting the guests and food! |
![]() |
| lively dinner conversation... |
![]() |
| two thanksgiving must-haves: Michael and wine! {why is Karen hiding her face?} |
I have no pictures of the children or their table. Bad me! I never did get the kid's table decorations completed. Sometimes something has to be scratched, and this year it was that...oh well...on the bright side, I have more than half of it ready for next year :)!
I thought I'd also share what my family was/is thankful for this year...our Thankful Tree was a big success as well...we all loved it {some more that others} and it will become an annual tradition!
Chris is thankful for:
my children,
health,
the Mother of my three, wonderful children, and
toilet paper {written on a piece of toilet paper because my husband is nothing, if not goofy!}
I'm thankful for:
a husband who's not above running the vacuum,
a night out with Chris,
Fridays,
my job and my boss,
family and friends,
Colin & Ty and their hard work and great behavior at school,
buttered popcorn...yum!,
my beautiful family, and
coffee {let's not forget that!}
Colin is thankful for:
my house, my toys, and my family,
video games and T.V.,
matter, water, and air {that still kills me},
school and friends,
a amazing Mom! (and Dad?) {that's how he wrote it...},
buttered popcorn...yum! {copy cat #1},
not thinking, {?} and
mice, rats, and raccoons and all the other things that could get in the house. {that is written by an 8-year-old, who was trying to get a rise out of his Mother, because his Mother was freaking out about a mouse intruder. R.I.P. mouse...}
Ty is thankful for: {hang on to your hats!... this boy is thankful!}
Mom buying clothes, Mom buying stuff for the house,
light, Jesus, God and Gigi and Dad Dad,
paper,
health,
my Eden, my bed, and my brother,
Me, my shoes, and my art stuff,
the scissors, the crayons, and the shirts,
my food, my room, the table,
the place mat, the water,
breakfast,
school, like not {being sarcastic?},
mice {also trying to get a rise out of his mother},
pens,
buttered popcorn...yum! {copy cat #2},
my Mom, my house, my toys, my Dad, and
my friends and "buck-truck-doeing" {for those of you not familiar with "buck-truck-doeing", that's when
we all pile into Chris' truck and go deer-spotting as a family...big excitement!}
Eden was thankful too...with lots of little scribbles on her two, very-own tags. She really wanted to join in the thanksgiving fun!
And now, the Christmas train has left the station...let's get the festivities going...off to decorate the tree!
I thought I'd also share what my family was/is thankful for this year...our Thankful Tree was a big success as well...we all loved it {some more that others} and it will become an annual tradition!
Chris is thankful for:
my children,
health,
the Mother of my three, wonderful children, and
toilet paper {written on a piece of toilet paper because my husband is nothing, if not goofy!}
I'm thankful for:
a husband who's not above running the vacuum,
a night out with Chris,
Fridays,
my job and my boss,
family and friends,
Colin & Ty and their hard work and great behavior at school,
buttered popcorn...yum!,
my beautiful family, and
coffee {let's not forget that!}
Colin is thankful for:
my house, my toys, and my family,
video games and T.V.,
matter, water, and air {that still kills me},
school and friends,
a amazing Mom! (and Dad?) {that's how he wrote it...},
buttered popcorn...yum! {copy cat #1},
not thinking, {?} and
mice, rats, and raccoons and all the other things that could get in the house. {that is written by an 8-year-old, who was trying to get a rise out of his Mother, because his Mother was freaking out about a mouse intruder. R.I.P. mouse...}
Ty is thankful for: {hang on to your hats!... this boy is thankful!}
Mom buying clothes, Mom buying stuff for the house,
light, Jesus, God and Gigi and Dad Dad,
paper,
health,
my Eden, my bed, and my brother,
Me, my shoes, and my art stuff,
the scissors, the crayons, and the shirts,
my food, my room, the table,
the place mat, the water,
breakfast,
school, like not {being sarcastic?},
mice {also trying to get a rise out of his mother},
pens,
buttered popcorn...yum! {copy cat #2},
my Mom, my house, my toys, my Dad, and
my friends and "buck-truck-doeing" {for those of you not familiar with "buck-truck-doeing", that's when
we all pile into Chris' truck and go deer-spotting as a family...big excitement!}
Eden was thankful too...with lots of little scribbles on her two, very-own tags. She really wanted to join in the thanksgiving fun!
And now, the Christmas train has left the station...let's get the festivities going...off to decorate the tree!


2 comments:
Let us all do it again next year...shall we???
Everything was beautiful. I really like all those familiar faces around that table ;) I am wondering what deep and enlightening conversation Chris was heading up. Peace in the Middle East or how to smoke the perfect turkey?! heehee. I would have been pretty thankful to be able to listen to listen to either.
Are those your new dishes? I am loving them. Ebay still rocks! Love you. xoxoxo
Post a Comment