Monday, January 31, 2011

look what I made!

So this may not be very exciting...but, I am thrilled with myself!  {Sarah...you may find this particularly funny given my normal aversion to these...}

So, this adorable headband was a pipe dream for me 24 hrs. ago.  I found it at fabflowerheadbands.etsy.com and immediately ordered it for Eden's 1st birthday.  Thank goodness that the woman who makes these is totally cool, because I got an e-mail right away explaining that she has a turn around time of 6-7 days and since she lives in California I'd have to rush it and also ship it 2-3 day delivery making a $9.75 headband $19.75... {if only I'd taken 5 minutes to read the small print}

I was crushed.  The totally cool woman let me cancel my order.  I went to bed sad/mad...sad because how cute is that headband? and mad because I've kinda procrastinated this whole birthday thing...last baby and all...


Then I decided I just might be able to make one.  Probably not as cute, but close.  And guess what?  I did!  It turned out pretty good...I think I'm going to tea-stain the band so it's not so stark.  My picture STINKS...blurry, thanks to low light {hate my flash...way too bright!} and a little, busy-body baby!


I think faced with the alternative of no adorable flower headband, this one will do in a pinch.  And it cost me $5.00 to make...not too shabby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eden is soooo cute, why does she need a headband?
Just wondering...

P.S. I hate headbands on babies.

Sarah said...

I love it(sorry anonymous, but I'm not with you on this one)! Way to just take matters into your own hands. You might just be steps away from your own etsy store :) I feel better about life knowing that she is fully accessorized(sp?) for her party, even if I'm not there to see it(sad face). xoxox

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...