Thursday, October 8, 2009

my space?

People...I need help. Seriously. This is my desk at home. I can't believe I'm actually posting a picture of this because I am, normally, or used to be quite organized. So this picture is the equivalent of posting a naked picture of myself for the world to see. It causes me some serious embarrassment! As much as I try to organize this mess it just keeps reoccurring!

Of course, it's not all me...as much as I love spider man and dinosaurs and darth vader and paper chains and safety books from first grade, they aren't normally my top pick for desk decorations!

And, the floor next to my desk...well it's not safe either! This pile being what was on my kitchen counter 30 minutes before the rehearsal dinner this past weekend. Needless to say our upstairs was off limits! So...again...I need help. Any strategies for keeping your space your space? And what about the school papers...I swear I recycle 95% of it but the remaining 5% that would be nice to keep...what the heck are you people doing with those? This has to be my next project...it just has to be! So bring on the ideas people....



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I hear ya about the school papers. Not just the homework and crafty stuff-what about all the PTO newsletters, fundraisers, signups this and that-the clutter drives me crazy, but I don't throw it away because I am affraid I'll forget something. I suggest a recycling box for papers next to your desk and lets see-I think you might have to go up. Shelves maybe?

Mom and Dad said...

Regarding your desk... first you should.... Are you kidding me! Have you seen our desk??? Remember, a clean desk means a cluttered mind or something like that.

We love all that you are and all that you do. Now go take care of yourself and your little ones and everything else will fall into place.

Jenny said...

This looks pretty tame to me. I agree with Sarah, the recycling box by your desk is a must. I have one and it is used daily. As far as school papers, I think schools must have a deal with those logger guys, they get some money or something for how many papers they use/kill trees. Drives me crazy. I put two hanging shelves above my desk and that helps. Although, I seriously think you can never have enough storage space. I have a force field around my desk, my kids are not allowed near it, or they get sent off to outer space. Just kidding, they have been well trained to stay away, but Zoe does stare at my "stuff" longingly. I find random cars and hair bows on it from time to time, you are not alone.

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...