Blessed.
Yes, I said blessed. Are you surprised given my last post? Oh ye of little faith...do you think so poorly of me?
Well, according to my father, I should keep those feelings to myself. My mom thinks I should be more positive with my thoughts. My sister thinks I over-reacted to the Clover Lane post...I agree, with most of it.
{gasp!!!}
But here's the thing...in my world there is very little room for fake. It might make people uncomfortable to read a post in which I ballyhoo...but it's real. It's what I'm feeling, and I need to express it.
Life isn't always pretty. It isn't always full of rainbows and glitter. People have unpleasant thoughts all the time...don't they?...I mean, I cannot be the only one. I know I'm not. Here's the beauty, I think, in sharing these moments...it means we're human. It means we're not perfect. It means we're not alone. Blog land is full of bloggers who only post the beautiful pictures of their homes, their kids, their marriages...it's a facade. Real life isn't perfect. Where the real beauty lies {again, in my opinion} is in seeing things as they are...the whole truth...the ugly, the beautiful, the not quite perfect, whatever...and appreciating it as life. Growing through it...working through it...making the best of it. I think more people can relate to that than the glitter and rainbows.
So, I'm feeling blessed. My life is real. I'm ok with that. I can look at my problems, I can even feel sorry for myself, and I can still recognize how blessed my life truly is... in spite of all the things that I wish were different.
And, I'm proud of myself for that...
Have a super weekend! Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to scrub toilets :)...
2 comments:
I love the real you!
"Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you" Bob Dylan
It’s nice to read somebody’s blog and see that they go through the same every day struggles as the person reading it. I read the other blog you were referring to and came away with the same feelings you did. It sucks to feel that you’re doing everything you can possibly do to stay afloat and realize it will never be enough to get yourself ahead. We all dream of the perfect world where we can stay home and be the perfect mom and perfect wife. But your little interviews that you did with the boys prove that you're already an amazing mom. You definitely are not alone in your feelings! I'm right there with ya!! tb
Post a Comment