Sunday, December 12, 2010

Top 10 Christmas Bah Humbug's...

10. Black Friday.  Sad what our society is reduced to...mass hysteria to save $50 on a game system!

 9.  The "green, greedy give-me's" that start when all the toy catalogs and commercials start showing up.

 8.  The " biggest Christmas sale" adds that appear every Sunday in the paper featuring discounts that  
      amount to nothing really...

 7.  The pressure to buy, buy, buy wherever you go.

 6.  Watching people you know (and even those you don't know) spend, spend, spend on gifts that are
      purchased out of obligation rather than out of love.

 5.  The weight that I inevitably gain.

 4.  The sleep that I inevitably loose.

 3.  Christmas cards.  How I spend nearly $100 to send out 70 and receive only 35 in return.  People who
      don't send them and have no guilt about it must be smarter than me!

 2.  How I get "too busy" with all crap Christmas nonsense that I cannot do the things I really want to do with
      my kids, even though every year I say "I'm not gonna get too busy with all the crap Christmas nonsense!"

 1.  How the real reason for the season has been virtually eliminated from Christmas.  Christmas has
      become a way for us to boost our economy rather than our spirits!  It's appalling!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen sista! I agree, the commerciality of the holidays is bugging me so much this year. I am one of those people who has to buy gifts not because I want to! (Like the people my husband works with require a gift, I don't want to waste our Christmas funds on them!!! I want to buy stuff for our kids and family and maybe give some to charity!!! Ugh, don't get me started). I always make a plan to start on stuff early but I never do, I am always running around at the last minute, exhausted and grumpy and ready for it all to be over. So sad. Not how I want it to be at all. But it just is. I actually heard a commercial this morning on the radio that said we should be shopping in stores to stimulate the economy instead of shopping online. I almost called the radio station on that one. Oh well, I know you will enjoy the season with your lovely family and find all things good. By the way, I mailed my holiday cards this morning, and yours was in the pile :)

Anonymous said...

"Remember, The magic of Christmas lies in your heart"!

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...