
It's the most annoying time of the year...la la la...! The Toys R US catalog arrived in the newspaper on Sunday...OH SAD DAY! Now my house is filled with the sounds of children talking over each other trying to tell Chris and me what it is they need, want, desire,
" have to get" for Christmas (see Colin's very organized, specific want list above). In other words, the little green, greedy monsters have arrived! And Halloween just got over 36 hours ago! I hate that Thanksgiving...my favorite holiday...just gets swept under the rug for so many people. Society has allowed it to get smothered out by candy corn and Santa Clause! My 6 yr. old has not only decided what to ask Santa to bring him, but what he wants him to put in his stocking! I'm not wanting to take away the magic of Christmas, but isn't it getting a bit ridiculous? My goal is to let my children dream and brainstorm and make their want lists for Christmas, but to also take the time to be thankful for the gifts God has given them, the blessings they enjoy and to realize that not everyone is as lucky as they are. Is that expecting too much? I don't think so...and I hope that one day my kids will be thankful that I spent the time talking to them about these things. I know that I'm thankful my parents did....it's a true blessing!
2 comments:
So glad I get to see this, love hearing about your wonderful life. Pep
AMEN sister! My kids are already deciding what they will ask mom and dad to buy and what Santa will bring and what grandparents should buy! Urgh, I am wanting to tell them to shush already, they are driving me crazy. I totally blame the toy stores, since they send those dang books so early. I think they should wait until Dec. 1st, so families can focus on Thanksgiving and what that is really about. Good luck. I am hoping to get my kids to come up with some charitable ideas/act "on their own" before the big day. We'll see...
Post a Comment