Wednesday, September 9, 2009

keeping the faith


We are blessed to say we are once again expecting! And...if you can trust an ultrasound...it's a girl! Um... I gotta say, was totally not expecting that...really had the boy feeling... I was surprised... pleasantly :).

Most of you are aware of the devastating loss of our daughter, Clementine Grace, at 20 weeks this past January. It is a loss that will be with us all of our days. It was extraordinarily difficult to decide whether or not to try again, but we chose to take a leap of faith. Let me tell you...trying to keep the faith while coping with extreme fear is challenging to say the least!

We can't ever replace Clementine...but, this new little ray of hope feels good. I'm starting to feel less fear and more joy...and that's good...

Weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.
-Psalm 30:5

3 comments:

sarah said...

beautiful baby, beautiful post.

Jenny said...

So happy for you. What a gift. We had a similar experience and I know what you mean about irreplaceable. I will keep you in my prayers. I cannot wait to read more...

Alison said...

So excited for you! You are in our prayers. January cannot come soon enough!

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...