Tuesday, March 17, 2009
good advice
10 Ways to Beat Stress
1. Accept your imperfections and go ahead inspite of them.
2. Avoid fighting for anything that's not worth it.
Don't squander your energy on semi-important things.
3. Learn and follow organizing principals.
4. say "NO" more often.
5. Get rid of a lot. 6. Don't gather much. 7. Don't keep much.
8. Value simplicity in your life.
9. Don't sweat the little things.
( Everything -- well, almost everything -- is a little thing.)
10. Be grateful.
-- Adapted from Organizing for Life by Sandra Felton
This list is on my fridge reminding me daily to beat the stress right out of my life. Well, as you probably know, it's a little bit harder than it looks but I try my little heart out. Saying "No" is especially difficult for me being the pleaser that I am but... "practice makes perfect" and I do say "NO" a lot more than I used to...(to some more than others, right hon?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break. I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...
-
Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break. I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...
-
We had a whirlwind holiday weekend, starting off with Thanksgiving at my Mother-in-Law's, then an Iowa vs. Nebraska football party on Fr...
No comments:
Post a Comment