Saturday, October 6, 2012

What has happened to Rebecca?

Well, let me just say that I've really been contemplating the future of my blog.

1. I cannot change my banner because Picasa is, for some reason, not working well.  I'm not sure what the issue is but it's not showing all my photos.  For instance, if I took 20 pictures at an event, it's only showing 5.  It's really frustrating me.  I've tried to un-install Picasa and then reinstall it, but it's not helping the situation at all.  So, that made me mad for a while, keeping me from blogging.

2.  Although I do like to think of this as a family diary of sorts, I'm questioning why I'm using a blog for that outlet.  I do like to share ideas that I have or things that I do because it's a fun way to connect with other moms.  Only, there isn't much connecting going on.  I feel like it's another outlet for voyeurism...much like facebook, only my blog is so much more personal.  I feel like I haven't seen or spoken to people in so long but they don't really need to see me or speak to me because they can just tune into my blog and catch up.  Only I don't get to catch up with them.   Half the fun of blogging is getting comments.  Thank you, Dad, for always leaving me one because you know how much I like to get them.

3.  Time.  I just don't have much time.  Three kids, two of whom are in sports, keep us quite busy.  Not to mention all their laundry :).  And, I work part-time.  I don't even really do fun projects anymore.  I love to create and the blog allows me to do that through writing, but I could just do that privately...then I could share more ;).

So, this is where I am right now.  Maybe it's just a phase.  Maybe it's the end of my blog.  Right now I'm not sure.

(I'd ask for a vote, but I'm guessing I'd get one, maybe two, comments. :) )


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just follow your heart. It's better than your gut most of the time.

Jenny said...

You will do what is right for you. I love your blog, regardless of how many times you post. I have been irregular too and I am finding that the days are flying by, rapid fire. Things seem to ebb and flow and this is just a busy time for everyone. Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!! Keep it up!!

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...