My first realization has hit me.
I need to let go. I need to let go of all the stuff that has been weighing on my mind...what I need to get done...what I should be getting done...what I want to get done but can't afford to do right now...etc.
We, me and my little family, are right smack in the middle of a huge transitional phase. And that, my friends, comes with a big, fat "pause button". Eden has begun scooting around...putting clear Lego pieces in her mouth ( God help me), Ty is going to preschool (sniff, sniff), Colin just lost his front tooth (sniff, sniff, sniff)...
My life as I know it has changed. A small shift, but with huge repercussions. My kids are growing so fast. I can feel them slipping through my fingers...and yet at the same time, I feel like our "pause button" will be forever activated. When can my life go back to my "normal"? And every time I have that thought I feel so guilty! How can I be wishing that things get easier? Because that means my kids have to grow...and isn't that essentially wishing my time with them away?
So, when I get frustrated that I can't go on dates with my husband as much as I'd like to, go out with my friends, talk on the phone, blog, clean... I have to remind myself to let go... just for a while. Sit back and appreciate the time with my children...these little gifts, who have enriched my life so much...because before too long, my life will be easier and my kids will be bigger and I know how much I will miss this time.
So, my dear friends and family, forgive me if I seem to be in my own little world...because I am.
a.jpg)
And, that's right where I want to be for now.
4 comments:
OK, give us some warning if you're going to make us cry already! I feel the exact same way, maybe I can cut and paste your post for my next entry? Love that picture. Who took that? Please tell me it was a photog and not just a snapshot, too cute!
Thanks for reminding me where I read about the grocery bags, I could not remember for the life of me!
As for my header, I so covet a cute one (like our favorite princess!) but I do not have the patience to learn how to do it. I just picked the only photo I had that did not have a lot "going on" and used the Blogger editing page, I don't know why it won't work for you. Bummer. I am the biggest techie hater, I refuse to play around with it, too many other fun things to do!
beautifully written and I am in love with the photo :) I personally practically have an anxiety attack everytime I have something on my calendar because I am affraid it will take precious time away from the kiddos. The scale of the constant balancing act should always side on these young beautiful souls. Your right that in just a matter of time we will wonder where the time has gone, but because I am your best friend I can tell you this; you do a wonderful job enjoying these people and I know this because I am lucky enough to hear all about the memories you are making :) So enjoy locking the door and tell the world to keep on turning without you!
Very well said!! There are many days I feel like I'm just going through the motions trying to get everything done so I can finally go to bed, only to wake up and start all over again. Then I'm always wondering where the time has gone and how did my kids get to be teenagers already! Life just keeps rolling on no matter how much we want to slow it down.
Love the picture!! You have such a beautiful family!!
LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment