Sunday, April 11, 2010

new favorites

First, I must acknowledge that these new favorites came from two of my favorites...my sister Karen and my BFF Sarah.

I admit, willingly, that I am (most of the time) a follower. Not very often will you find me putting myself out there with new ideas unless I am really comfortable in the environment. Now, it's not to say that I never try a new recipe/food or beverage on my own...and, perhaps it's laziness...but if it's been "pre-tested" by one of my trusted co-horts and they serve it, or suggest it, then I'm gonna try it. And, lets be honest, my sister Karen is a cooking genius...I couldn't keep up with her if I tried. And Sarah gets out a lot more than I do...and she's way more hip than I am, so she fills me in on her new favorites.

That being said...YUMMO! The first new favorite...avocado and mango, together, as a salad from the gods! Maybe you've tried it and I am the last to know. Whatever. But if you haven't...trust me, it is heaven in a bowl. I cannot get enough. Which leads me to a question...can you eat too much "good fat" so that it becomes bad? Hope not. I keep reminding myself that mango and avocados are really good for you! (*and, in case you didn't know, avocados are a berry and are loaded with potassium...way more potassium than a banana. So I'm sticking with the really good for you!)
Now, on to the not so good for you (if you overindulge)...which has probably been on the radar for all of you, but that I'm just hearing about now. Sarah and I have always enjoyed the old Corona, but I guess it was getting old for Sarah because she tried Stella and informed me that we had a new beer. (yes, if Sarah told me to jump off a bridge I probably would!) Seriously though, she keeps us up-to-date and honestly Corona was getting old for me too but I'm the lazy follower, remember? YUMMO numero dos! (yes, I'm a bi-lingual counter but I cannot spell...I don't think.)

So, there you have it! All five of you can take this information and enjoy (although, 2 of you are Sarah and Karen so... :) oh well...)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

hmmmm....me thirsty

Alison said...

I'm ready to try it whenever you are ready to serve it up! LOL :)

Four years. Four. That was the length of my blog break.   I'm guessing that whomever once followed me will not be here anymore, and ...