I came upon this quote this evening while reading my Simple Abundance book...
"One must also accept that one has "uncreative" moments. The more honestly one can accept that, the quicker these moments will pass. One must have the courage to call a halt, to feel empty and discouraged." -- Etty Hillesum
The entire month of August the author, Sarah Ban Breathnach, has devoted her daily essays to creative energy. And so all month I've felt like a blob reading on and on about how to conjure up my creative spirit...a spirit who has clearly given up all hope when it comes to this poor, unmotivated creature. And then here...on the last day of August...my problem so eloquently revealed to me like a breath of fresh air...it's ok...I accept! And, of course, that means it will soon pass! Hooray!
Look for my creative spirit to make an appearance...sooner rather than later, please!
1 comment:
It's ok to take a break! You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. I will love to see some of your ideas.
Post a Comment